Liquidity Problem

Liquidity pool using my stnear.
Please all this thing is not really clear to me, team should help me out, I need refunds

1 Like

This one may be better for understanding the overall idea of AMMs and pools:

1 Like

In this video, there nothing like Bot transacting from a pool. Why did Bot use my stnear for transaction :palms_up_together::palms_up_together:

Providing liquidity = Creating a market 
Liquidity provider = Market maker

Liquidity providers (LP) are the ones who provide assets for people to trade, when people want to buy LP will sell to them, and when people want to sell LP will buy from them.

In this case you are the liquidity provider of the META-stNEAR pair. Once you’ve deposited your tokens to Ref and provided liquidity, it means that you are willing to buy/sell META & stNEAR from/to anyone that has demand.
Since Ref is an Automated-Market-Maker Decentralized Exchange, the buy/sell process happens automatically.

As Didier & Ben said above, you were selling stNEAR at below market price, therefore created an arbitrage oppotunity for traders/bots. They bought discounted stNEAR from you then sold at market price.

We completely get what you mean and also see that you’re missing some serious basics. It’s painful but i think you will not get a refund since this is solely due to your lack of understanding.

In addtion, from your wallet history, this is not your first time on Near.

1 Like

Thank you see that, and why has not never transact on my account before.
It’s unfair if Ref Team refuse to Refund me. :pleading_face:
This is strange to me. Team should just try to help me out.

I’m sure you are more than capable of searching the internet for docs or videos on how arbitrage bots work in crypto

Multiple people have explained to you that by creating a pool, and depositing tokens in that pool, you gave permission for everyone in the world to do swaps with those tokens.

I cannot think of any other way to explain this concept.

You need to do your own research about liquidity pools, how they relate to swaps, what arbitrage is, and how arbitrage bots work.

:pleading_face::pleading_face:

It’s all clear to ref team only :pleading_face:

It’s clear to anyone who has done research on liquidity pools, because Ref’s pools work exactly the same as the pools for 99% of the dex’s in the world.

If it still isn’t clear to you, then you need to do more research and find docs, videos, or someone you trust who knows about how defi works to explain it to you

Hmnn, No problem bah.
Anyway :relieved::relieved:

Look. I understand where you are coming from. DeFi is very new, and it isn’t easy to understand. Everyone here, including me, has lost money because we didn’t know what we were doing. We learned by doing research and then asking questions when we didn’t understand something we read about.

You are more than welcome to come to our discord and ask questions about how this stuff works. But please do some research first. Then, if you need help understanding something specific that you read in a doc or saw in a video, create a post on our discord and include a copy/paste and/or link in it. :slight_smile:

:pleading_face::pleading_face:

I’m welcome, thanks for your time Also.
But I hope Ref Team work on this and set a method whereby highlights will be made for there members not to loose funds to their pool .
It hurts to loose funds :pleading_face:
Check the image below :point_down:

Why is ref bot not doing that, instead of telling me not enough META they just deduct my STNEAR.
or is it not the same thing using on dex :slightly_smiling_face:

Why don’t that one deduct my kcs, without telling me insufficient mjt ??

That’s what I’m trying to tell you.
Ref Team need to refund me.

That’s where the bot problem is from …
No alert from ref, they just deduct my STNEAR.
See mojito they tell me insufficient without deducting my kcs

Your screenshot shows adding liquidity to a pool that already exists. The ratio of tokens in the pool has already been set, and you need to add tokens in the same ratio.

What you did on Ref Finance was create a new pool. When you create a new pool, you decide what the initial ratio of tokens should be.

Here is a gif showing me trying to add tokens to the existing wNEAR/stNEAR pool and not having enough stNEAR for the amount of wNEAR I try to add
(I meant to use the META/stNEAR pool but clicked the wrong one :rofl:)

add_liq_meta_stnear

Here is a gif with the META/stNEAR

add_liq_meta_stnear2

What you did in the video is what I did on Ref also.

That’s what I did on mojito also and there’s no lost of funds.

When I click Kcs MAX on mojito it tell me insufficient MJT.
but when I click Stnear MAX on Ref it went through without telling me anything, then the bot deduct my funds .
Team should just try to get me.

And why am I allowed to send messages only after 30minutes interval?

My own is not showing this

No, actually you didn’t. You can see for yourself that you created a new pool by going to your wallet’s page on the Near Explorer

Here is a screenshot with explanation

Below is what creating a pool looks like. Notice I click “Create new pool” instead of going to the Pools page and clicking on a pool. You can see that I can set the ratio of tokens to whatever I want. If I change the amount of one token, it doesn’t change the amount of the other token, unlike when you add tokens to an existing pool.

add_liquidity

Are you saying that if you go to Pools - click on an EXISTING POOL WITH TOKENS ALREADY IN IT - and Add Liquidity, that it will let you enter any amount for one token and any amount for the second token, even if the ratio isn’t the same as the ratio of tokens already in the pool? If so, then you’re going to have to show us this. I use Screencastify to record my browser.

You will need to record the entire process

1. Start on the swap page
  2. Click Pools in the menu
  3. Click the META/stNEAR pool with the “Farms” label, or any pool that already has tokens in it
  4. Click add liquidity
  5. Enter an amount for the first token (or click Max)
  6. Enter an amount for the second token (or click Max) without it automatically changing the amount of the first token