As we recently introduced the Smart Routing Feature I’d like to open a discussion on how this revolutionary feature affects the current way we do farms.
Up until now, users were only able to swap within a specific farm. If there were no pools w available liquidity available, they had to manually make multiple swaps. With the introduction of Smart Routing, the platform will automatically make multiple trades across pools to swap any two tokens (*currently just one jump, more to come).
Proposals for consideration:
- make REF the base pair for most pools going forward
- Create a ‘second tier’ of ‘smaller/alt’ pools that all have REF as base currency, and a modest % APY (20-30%?). An example of such a pool would be: REF/nUSDO, REF/OIN, REF/META
- Making REF the base currency of most pools means that any two tokens would always be only one jump away (currently we have REF, NEAR, stNEAR)
- Increase demand for REF, supporting and increasing price
- More REF locked
- Better price discovery. This is particularly important with current assets that only have 1 pool, such as nUSDO, making it really hard for price discovery or arbitrage.
This proposal is a work in progress and would love to see community input. In particular, it’d be great if someone could do some estimates as to how much REF could be locked in these new pools, and how much REF rewards (issuance) would be required to set them up (in my head, the benefits greatly exceed the cost)