[CONTRACT UPGRADE] Ref Swap Accommodate Taxes on NEP-141 Tokens - NEKO

Hey @Rekt, I appreciate your insights and comment! The topic of taxes in Web3 token economies is certainly divisive. This stems from many of the popular tax tokens operating in bad faith for where the fees from taxes end up (i.e. dev wallets). However, this is not the case for NEKO. My only ask is that you keep an open mind and allow yourself to look at the NEKO tokenomics from a non-biased perspective. Please read through the NEKO litepaper for all the details.

NEKO holders benefit from substantial ecosystem rewards including farming, learn to earn, content creation and more. The tax on NEKO when sold balances these inflationary rewards to facilitate a sustainable environment that NEKO can flourish in. Additionally, the fees from taxes go to directly benefit holders (half the tax is burned and half is distributed back to staked COOKIE=NEKO). One could argue NOT having a token tax is much worse for holders. We all know inflation is a killer and nearly every crypto token charts reflect this.

NEKO holders are willing participants of this token economy and our community is happy to pay a small fee when they sell to reap significant rewards in a more balanced manner. As noted in the proposal, the tax % trends to zero in relation to the NEKO emissions declining.

Let’s examine the facts. First of all, it is our strong community and hardworking content creators that sustain the Neko project, not the token tax. I’m not sure if you are aware of Neko, but we have grown one of the largest NEAR native communities. We have onboarded crypto content creators with large existing audiences and created hundreds of educational videos about the NEAR ecosystem.

Viewers are rewarded in NEKO to engage with Neko content and we have reached tens of thousands of new users via TikTok, Instagram Reels, YouTube Shorts and Reddit. Neko is so much more than a meme coin. The NEKO token tax is only a small component of the project and again it is designed to specifically reward holders. We are also gearing up to distribute NEKO token grants to several NEAR projects to assist with their onboarding programs.

The Neko community started with the Good Fortune Felines NFT collection and has grown significantly from this foundation. We published the NEKO litepaper before anyone could mint a Good Fortune Feline. We made sure our community was onboard with the NEKO token tax before any investment was possible.

You may not agree with the concept, but no one is asking you to join the community or hold NEKO (although we would love it if you did! :heart_eyes_cat:). It is not very decentralized to put your preconceived notions ahead of a community seeking the opportunity to trade the token they have been earning for months. Essentially, you are saying you are in strong opposition of a free market and I’m sure that is not your intention.

Thank you for your time,

@dleer_defi - Neko Co-Founder