Last October, Ref Finance released its first Airdrop, called Airdrop One, to reward early adopters of the protocol.
- Airdrop contract: s01.ref-airdrop.near
- Airdrop start: 2021-10-22 00:00 UTC time
- Total amount: 1,000,000 REF
- Initial communication: Medium post
Looking closely at the initial communication:
For each airdrop, the airdrop recipient can claim their full REF allocation within the first 2 months after the airdrop distribution is finished. If no action is taken by the user, the unclaimed airdrop token will be transferred back to the DAO treasury.
Airdrop Claim Expiration Time
Looking closely at the contract, the claim expiration time is: 2022-02-22 00:00 UTC time.
The airdrop started at 2021-10-22 00:00 UTC time.
The linear release lasted for one month, which takes us to 2021-11-22 00:00 UTC time.
Then were added three months before expiration time, instead of two, giving more room/time to users to claim their airdrops, which takes us to the above expiration time.
What Does That Mean?
Only users who have never claimed before (called “untouched_balance”) their airdrop, won’t be able to claim and therefore won’t be able to get the rewards/airdrop after this date: 2022-02-22 00:00 UTC time.
Users who have already claimed, at least once, won’t be impacted/affected. They can claim at any time after the expiration time.
So far, users have claimed approx 790K+ of REF tokens out of 1M.
Approx 200K+ REF tokens are untouched/have not been claimed.
You can check the details and balances of the contract looking at:
- Calling the following view method: ‘view s01.ref-airdrop.near get_stats’
If the DAO is getting back a significant amount of REF tokens, some scenarios could be discussed within the community, such as:
- Status Quo: as initially described, tokens are back to the DAO treasury
- Burning process: unclaimed and expired tokens could be burned, thus being removed definitely from potential circulation in the future
- xREF contract: tokens are added as booster to the current single-sided staking contract
- Farming contract: tokens are added to one or many pools as liquidity incentives, boosting farming rewards for our farmers
Just sharing a few thoughts, do not hesitate to engage/share your ideas and ask any questions.